„RĂUT” SA Joint Stock Company – a company specialized in marine instrument-making for the creation, manufacture and service of hydroacoustic equipment, hydroacustic antennas and transducers.
„RĂUT” SA begins its chronology from March 29, 1944. In that memorable day, there was created the mechanical factory according to the decision of the District Executive Committee Balti Moldova based on the private workshops. Its main purpose was the woodworking equipment and mill equipment, casting furnace and repairing (until the end of war) of tanks, vehicles, engines and other equipment.
According to Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR Nr. 4357-1950 from November 3, 1951 mechanical factory from Balti was transferred to the 2nd Main Directorate of Ministry of Shipbuilding Industry and renamed into the Factory Nr. 898.
Since 1952, the factory has started to product the light optical equipment for lighthouse. Until 1990, there have been produced acetylene and electric lighthouses AM – and EM – 100, – 140, – 200, – 300, – 500; AMS – and EMS – 120, -210, – 350, relating to light tools of the navigational equipment of sea and fluvial theatres – about 10,000 pieces.
Navigational Hydroacoustic tools
1954 – development of production of navigational echo sounders NEL-3.
During 1955-1956 was produced mass production of navigational echo sounders NEL-5, NEL-6, NEL-7, ice fathometers EL-1 and EL-2, engineering and measuring echo sounders IREL and PEL-3.
NEL-5 was one of the most massive echo sounders – it was produced around 10,000 pieces.
From 1962 to 1970 the factory created and produced in mass production Doppler lags LA-1 and LA-2, new generation of echo sounders NEL-10, NEL-10M, „Tissa”, ice fathometers „Sever” and EL-3, fluvial echo sounder „Cubani”, acoustic underwater projectors PZM-300, -400, MPZM, Inza-100, -600, -900.
Fluvial echo sounders „Cubani” and NEL-10, NEL-10M were produced more than 300 units each, while the other products were released no more than 100 pieces.
Over the next decade, from 1971 to 1980, was created and produced in mass production new models of navigational hydroacoustic equipment: sonic depth finder GEL-3, measuring echo sounder PEL-4, engineering reconnaissance echo sounder EIR, ice fathometer MG-518, unified series of navigational echo sounders NEL-M1, NEL-M2, NEL-M3A, NEL-M3B, NEL-M4, NEL-M5, Doppler lags LA-3, LA-4, and „Onega”. During this short period the factory produced more than hundred Doppler lags and around 5000 echo sounders NEL-M and EIR.
In 1976, on the basis of the factory and OKB (Experimental Design Bureau) „Rif” (in the present Research Institute „Rif-Acvaaparat” SA), according to the Order of the Minister of Shipbuilding Industry Nr. 0438-S from November, 3, was formed Production Association named after V.I. Lenin.
During 1981-1991 the Production Association created and produced new models of hydroacoustic equipment, along with mass production and already manufactured products: precission sonic depth finder GEL-4, echo sounnders for deep-sea vehicles 50IK and „Mologa-G”. It was produced around hundred Doppler Lags LA-51 and „Samshit-M”.
In 1962-1970, the factory produced hydrolocators for controlled underwater shells, a part of hydroacoustic equipment class – mine-detectors „Luchi”, „Luchi-2G”, „Luchi-6G”; in 1971-1980 – echo trawls GET-1 and GET-2, echograph GEBO-100, and in 1981-1991 – hydroacoustic systems for sideways looking GKBO-500 and GKBO-2000, number of devices for hydroacoustic systems: „Scat”, „Scat-KS”, „Scat-BDRM”, „Scat-3”, „Polinom”.
Hydroacoustic stations (HAS)
In 1961 is manufactured mass production of hydroacustic stations (HAS) for providing hydroacoustic connection MG-25 and MG-26 (more than 500 pieces). In 1953 – hydroacoustic stations to detect the fractures NOR-1; in 1964 – searching stations for ships MG-312 and MG-312i („Titan”); in 1973 – detecting stations for ships PDSS MG-7; in 1972- hydroacoustic stations to survey the ice conditions NOK-1 and NOK-1N (in 1977).
In 1983 is produced stationary hydroacoustic stations for detection PDSS MG-701 („Obzor”), and in 1984-1986 – is produced hydroacoustic stations to detect for ships PDSS MG-717, MG-737 and MG-747 (more than 100 pieces).
The beginning and development year of mass production of sonobuoys is 1962, and, in fact, is the beginning of construction of native buoys with the release of the small-sized sonobuoys RGB-NM („Chinara”).
Since 1969 have begun the mass production of aviation sonobuoys RGB-NM-1 („Jeton”).
Until 1987 have been manufactured and delivered to customers around 165000 buoys RGB-NM-1.
In 1985, the factory mastered the production of sonobuoys of new generation based on integrated microcircuits RGB-16-01 and RGB-16-02. There have been manufactured and delivered to customers around 25000 buoys until 1991.
During 1995-1997 there were created according to orders of the foreign customers and mastered new models of sonobuoys RGB-16-2MI/15, RGB-75A radio telemetering buoys RTB-91M (instead of obsolete valve-transistor buoys RGB-15, RGB-75 and RTB-91). It was released more than 16000 pieces.
In 2005 was created and mastered in mass production the sonobuoy RGB-41MI, as well as new models of buoys RTB-93MI and RGB-1A-MI (instead of RGB-1A).
In August 2005 by reorganization based on Production Association „RĂUT” was created „RĂUT” SA (Joint Stock Company).